Mariya Filipova is a healthcare transformation catalyst leading world-class high-impact initiatives. Her work helps organizations dynamically sense, develop, pilot and scale new solutions and disruptive business models. Mariya’s superpower is fostering creative collaboration among established and new entrants in healthcare to address major challenges we face today, and develop new solutions that benefit us all.
Mariya’s personal journey as a patient fuels her passion for lasting change in healthcare. She has been recognized by Business Insider (BI’s 30 under 40) and The Harvard Business School Association of Boston, for her leadership and impact.
Currently the Anthem Inc. Innovation Ambassador, Mariya previously served as Anthem’s vice president of innovation where she focused on the adoption of emerging technologies and new business models to accelerate Anthem’s transformation to a digital-first enterprise. Her strategic vision and leadership in these areas resulted in the launch of several ground-breaking programs including:
- $5 million dollar XPRIZE Rapid Covid Testing competition, in partnership with six other Blue Cross Blue Shield Plans, to identify and validate fast, frequent, cheap and easy-to-use testing solutions for SARS-CoV-2
- XPRIZE Pandemic Alliance, in partnership with the XPRIZE Foundation, to accelerate breakthroughs for this and future pandemics with more than 85 global partners and 14 live initiatives
- FIGHT IS IN US, nation-wide plasma donation campaign and a corresponding program for 100K+ Anthem members, COVID-19 survivors, to donate their plasma
- Health Utility Network, a coalition of insurance companies, hospital networks, financial services and technology companies representing approx. 40 percent of the healthcare market.
- Anthem’s Fast Track to Scale Accelerator with the nation’s largest employers, representing 2M employees, which brought four solutions to market in its inaugural class of 2020
- Anthem’s Digital Data Sandbox the largest, certified de-identified data set in private US healthcare
Prior to Anthem, Mariya worked with Deloitte where she led initiatives focused on adopting and scaling exponential technologies in care delivery, patient experience and drug discovery. In addition, Mariya drove the development of the Future of Work Program Office , a portfolio of investments across the Americas, APAC, and EMEA that uses exponential technologies (e.g. blockchain, artificial intelligence) to redefine the future of work.
Mariya holds an MBA from Harvard Business School and a BA in Economics, summa cum laude, from Mount Holyoke College. As an active alumna, she serves on the Board of Governors for the Harvard Business School Association of Boston. Mariya currently resides in Boston, MA.